Sage Timeslips Data Conversion
Accounting Business Solutions by JCS’s certified Sageconsultants have been helping other businesses convert data from legacy systems for over 20 years. We understand the importance and urgency involved in your vital business information being converted properly and can assist you in converting your Sage Timeslips, QuickBooks, and Sage 50 formerly Peachtree. Save yourself the stress of the Sage Timeslips data conversion process and call the certified Sage Timeslips consultants at Accounting Business Solutions by JCS today!
How to Perform Sage Timeslips Data Conversion
- Define Scope– Scope must be clearly defined upfront. What is being converted, and what is not? How much history is being converted? What can be done manually rather than automated? It may not be possible to convert ‘everything’. The scope is critical, and the project’s success will be dependent on having this decided upon.
- Identify data sources – Where is the data coming from? Each source must be clearly identified if you have multiple systems or data sources.
- Identify data destinations (APIs) – Where is the data going? You must identify the source systems or databases and the appropriate APIs to get the data in there.
- Define requirements/mappings – This is what I believe to be the most critical step. Detailed requirements must be defined for each element within each conversion; what data mapping is required? What must business rules be applied? What data transformations need to occur? Every data element must be scrutinized and documented.
- Define Estimates – Assign an appropriate estimate of effort to the development of each conversion
- Define Scope of Test – The scope of the testing must be defined. It may not be viable to convert ALL data as a test or it might be done in a number of steps – sample, small dataset, and then larger or full dataset. All of this must be defined and included in the overall plan.
- Who and how to validate – How will this all be validated? What results are expected, and who in the organization is going to validate the results? Key users/sponsors must validate and feel confident with the results.
- Develop Project Plan/Assign Resources – And lastly, build the project plan for all development, testing, and validating tasks; identify the sequence and dependencies of all tasks; identify and assign the appropriate resources to each task on the plan.
When you need help migrating information in Timeslips, we are just a phone call away for Timeslips Data Conversion. Convert data to Timeslips with Accounting Business Solutions by JCS today! Call us at 800-475-1047 or Contact Us.
Sage Timeslips Classes
Sage Certified Consultants offering Sage Timeslips training classes, Timeslips support, and Time Slips data repair near you! With seven nationwide locations, we offer Sage Timeslips support nationwide.
For more info on Sage Timeslips training, visit Accounting Business Solutions by JCS