3 Easy Steps to Protect Your Firms Data on a daily basis:
- Perform daily backups with at least 5 backup sets of media. Daily rotate this media and once a week take a backup set off-site, to a bank, or to your home. A lot of companies use the same backup device every day. If the media (floppy, CD, Zip, etc) is no good you do not have a valid restorable backup.
- Have “all” computers that access your accounting system plugged into an interruptible power supply, including the network server. This protects your computer from corrupt information due to power fluctuations.
- From time to time test the backup device to make sure it is functioning properly. Too many times we attempt to help companies restore a backup that is not readable.
Important notes before you upgrade your Timeslips Software:
- Backup your Timeslips software data using at least 2 backup sets
- Print your accounts receivable detailed aging report (mark it ‘before’)
- Upgrade your software to the current release
- Print your accounts receivable detailed aging report (mark it ‘after’)
- Compare the before conversion and the after conversion reports to make sure they are the same
- Backup your Timeslips software data